Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wonderful Brownies!

Okay, so some things intimidate me. I spent most of my life making brownies from a box. I remember sitting on the floor of my kitchen when I was around 10 stirring the egg and water into that sweet smelling mix, dipping my fingers (and sleeves) into that yummy goop and licking it up like a kitten lapping up milk... This, of course, was before the age of dangerous raw eggs and poisonous wheat flour. This was the age when my grandmother would let us taste the raw meat and spices of her lamb meatballs just before they were popped into the oven, and when Sylvester Stallone would crack a raw egg into a glass to drink for protein.

So, well, life has changed for everybody. But I have found a way to bring brownies back into my life (and I still lick the bowl at the risk of my health). I adjusted this recipe from one I found on allrecipes.com. Give it a try! They are moist and delicious, even days after you bake them.


1 cup butter at room temperature
3 cups sugar
blend the two together then add
4 eggs at room temperature
blend
slowly add 3/4 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup potato flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix thoroughly and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes in a 9x13 pan that has been lightly greased.

The recipe calls for some ingredients to be room temperature. It actually does make a lighter, fluffier brownie, but you will still make a good brownie if you take the eggs from the fridge. The butter and sugar won't blend though, so microwave the butter for 10 to 20 seconds to soften it a little before blending. 
Yummmmmm............

No comments:

Post a Comment