Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Let the fun begin! I have been invited to at least four parties this season that require me to bake. Fortunately, I love to share my goodies, so it is fun for me. However, I am under no dilusion that other people love it like I do. I think almost everyone is required to bake cookies at least once this season, if for no other reason than that Santa may leave you coal if you don't leave him anything yummy to keep him going. Have no fear! Here are two wonderfully delicious recipes I rely on for holiday parties that are sure to please everyone, gluten free or not. And, if you are GF and bring these, you get to eat, too!

Oatmeal Cookies with Cherries and Pecans

Cream:
1 cup of butter with 3/4 cup sugar and 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
mix in 2 eggs at room temp. and 1 teaspoon vanilla
beat in:
1 cup Sorghum flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup brown rice flour
3 1/2 cups of gluten free oats
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cherries

Drop onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes or until baked through. These cookies are awesome for breakfast with coffee, so enjoy!


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peppermint

Cream 1 cup of butter with one cup of sugar and one cup of brown sugar. Add two eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract.
Then add:
1 cup Sorghum flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 cups chocolate chips
Put some broken up pieces of candy canes on top (Bob's are gluten free and available in most stores)

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

I hope you get the chance to bake this season and I hope this helps make it an easy and fun process. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment