Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oh my Gosh, BBQ Sauce (from scratch)

My conversation with my husband last night went a little something like this...
"Did you get BBQ sauce for the ribs?"
"Um..I forgot"
"What are we going to do?"
(We had already both had a cocktail)
"Can we make it?"
"I guess we can try"
And out of this banter came some of the best BBQ sauce I have ever had! And I grew up in Texas!!
Give it a try for yourselves.

Ingredients:
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup whiskey
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of ketchup
1 can tomato paste
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons liquid smoke (many are gluten free, just look for one without Barley, like Wright's)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins is gluten free)
1/4 cup brown sugar (up to 1/2 cup to taste)
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce

This one is EASY! Throw it all in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn it down to simmer for 20 minutes so it can thicken. Slather it on thickly and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment